A serious laundry question..I am going CRAZY

Does anybody know how to get sweat stains out of white shirts??? My hubby wears them under his work uniform and he is a sweaty beast, and I have no idea how to clean them out. He has to always buy new white shirts, which we cannot afford! Help please!
Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• vinegar
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No way does it come out! My husband has the same problem. I think it the Antiperspirant deodorant and not sweat that stains them. Try to Spray & Wash them. Or do like me and buy him T-shirts in bulk!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• vinegar and baking soda mixed with your detergent, i used to pre soak his shirts in the vinegar and baking soda with a little water, but now he has black undershirts so my problem has gone away :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• 20 MULE TEAM BORAX IS GREAT! it even takes out blood stains.
    Anonymous

• Question: Doesn't vinegar stink? Would that make the clothes smell like that?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• how much vinegar or baking soda should i use?
    Anonymous

• it washes out! you soak it then wash them!
    Anonymous

• you dont smell the vinegar after the wash it comes out but the vinegar itself kills odors thats why its great for animal potty accidents and cleaning solutions made at home. I learned about it when i accidentally left a load over night and it was stinky in my washer a friend told me to use 1/4 cup vinegar and rinse the load, it worked like a charm.

I use a 1/4 cup vinegar and honestly i just shake the box of baking soda never really paid attention to how much i used.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• This may sound strange, but I use Spot Shot carpet cleaner on tough stains before washing. It works for blood and marker, not sure about the sweat stains. My DH has the same prob, but I never attempt to get the sweat stains out, we just buy new T's periodically. Its a lost cause trying to get that out! ;-) Good luck though! Oh, new T's would be a nice stocking stuffer. I'm 32 and my mom still sends me new underwear for my stocking! HA!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I use hair shampoo on my hubbys collars. It takes all the dirt and sweat out!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009