Have your holiday plans changed because of the economy?

Spending
Traveling
Debt
Anything else?
Are you doing anything different this holiday season?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. We are doing good this year.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Kinda trying to spend less...and it's working! Also, we will not be going to any Holiday parties this year which means I don't need to spend money on something festive and nice to wear!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No difference here other than helping more people who need it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Nope. We are doing ok....if the RAIN would just go away :) But we never got bat crap crazy over christmas either!! Some people go WAY over board then when they need to cut back a little it seems awful.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The only thing that has changed for us is how we spend. This year we have spent much less on our family opting instead to give to others. Watching my boys as they give has given me a special joy this season. We focused there giving on children and families. My oldest boy's best friends family is really struggling right now, there is a big field trip coming up in the spring and it is kind of spendy. The school "scholarships" these trips with donations. My son asked if he could work for me to earn the money to pay for his friend to go. I said of course, my son age 11 has gotten more out of his "secret" than any gift we have ever given. Okay, I am droning on and I'm now bawling....our "pared down" Christmas seems to be turning into the best one ever.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We donated more this year. Personally we are in a good place to help others... Instead of family presents~We are headed to Florida for the winter break with lots of fun stops to visit family and old friends in between.... That is what the season is about... being with loved ones... Ohh and Mickey Mouse cause it will be my girls' first Disney adventure! :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We always spend Christmas Day at Disney World. Not this year. :(
    ARIESA

Answer by ARIESA at 1:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Not a thing different for me.

Answer by older at 1:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i am not doing anything different ... other than spending more than last year because we have more to spend.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No, doing the same ol' same ol', in fact this year we're better off vs. last year even, but sticking with the same routine we've been doing for 10+ years; it's tradition.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2009