HELP! i think i lost my mucus plugging..when will i go into labor?

I'm 36 wks and noticed a lot of this really thick clear gel-like discharge. I'm nervous I lost my mucus plugging. Does it sound like it? And if so how long will it take to go into labor?

hillma

Asked by hillma at 1:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can lose your mucus plug weeks before you go in to labor. I myself never lost it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I really wouldn't worry unless you are having contractions. Like PP said, it could be weeks, days or hours.
    Anonymous

• I lost mine at 37 weeks but didnt got into labor until my due date... Losing it really means nothing IF that was it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• When i lost mine i had my daughter a few hours later but its diffrent with everyone i caled my doctor when it came out and he said it was normal and not to worry but the next thing you know i was calling him back to met me at the hospital
    Anonymous

• I lost mine exactly two weeks before I went into labor. I thought I lost it earlier because I had a lot of yellowish discharge, but I didn't. I woke up one morning and there was TONS of that gel type stuff. It was red, but not thin like blood, and there was some yellow in it too.

I was so excited because I was 37 1/2 weeks when I lost mine, and I thought for sure I was having that baby, but nope, I still didn't have him till three days before my due date. It took almost a whole day for everything to come out, and when all was said and done, I probably had about two handfuls worth of gunk come out.

Also, I've heard that if a woman loses her plug too soon, her body will actually start building one up again.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Doesn't really mean anything unless your membranes have ruptured and/or you are having regular contractions. The cervix often dilates long before labor actually begins, which can dislodge the plug. Many women walk around at 1-4 cm dilated for WEEKS before they have the baby. Don't worry, unless you start having pains (aside from braxton hicks) or your water breaks, it doesn't necessary mean anything is imminent.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug at 32 weeks and was induced at 39 weeks.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:08 PM on Dec. 24, 2009