My BIL wants to give 2 of my kids a 27 " flat screen tv but

I am trying to get rid of TV's and I have 4 kids, so I say:

Stop buying everyone else gifts, and remember your neices and nephews. I told my husband tell him, keep it. I would rather a sweater, a doll not expensive, but they don't need another tv.

Mind you it was a free gift, and he bought his cousin a ipod touch.
The thought counts, but know what they need, because they dont' use tv's in there room, they love watching it as a group.

Am I being too rude???

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• I don't think so, as the mother you are in charge of what your children have or don't have access to. If BIL ignores you and goes ahead and gives them the TV's I would donate them or sell them. I bet he won't do that anymore. It is your house, those are your children and those are your rules, period.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry but yes you are being rude. Allow people to buy what they want to buy for your and your children. If you don't approve or like the gift graciously accept it and take it back to the store for an exchange. I would be very offended if I bought an expensive television for a gift and someone said "I don't want it buy me a cheap sweater"
    Anonymous

• sealed lipI think I would have kept my mouth shut.

Anonymous

• i don't think you are being rude. they don't need flat screen tvs. if you want him to get them something else he should respect that you don't want them to get the televisions and buy them something else. if he still buys them the tvs i would sell them and buy something you want for your kids to have instead.
    Anonymous

• If you read what I wrote,

He did not buy it, everything he give my kids are free, but he spends money on his cousins.

Also, I have 4 kids not two, and IF you can't buy for all don't buy for any!!!! I would even love gently used, Ann-please read the whole thing before you Assume.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I will not keep my mouth shut, it has been shut for 7 years. HELLO!!!

You expect us to go out of our way, and pick up gifts for cousins and drop it at there door step, but you don't buy for your neices and nephews.

Then you want to borrow money from my family, and you are single living with papi. Please, don't assume.

My kids don't see it but I Do. I think it is rude, and I am tired of Keeping my mouth shut, someone has to say something.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009