emotional and physical attraction

how can a woman be completely and madly in love with her husband yet be so physically and emotionally attracted to someone so forbidden it's unreal????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• You simply can't. it is either an infatuation or you simply do not love your husband. There is another possibility, that you are fantasizing about things that aren't good for you.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Can't answer that... never happened to me. When I'm in a relationship, I'm completely oblivious to other guys. Either way though, if you're really in love with your husband, I hope you're not going to act on that other attraction. Odds are, it's exciting because it's "forbidden", but the reality of it wouldn't be anywhere near as exciting... or worth it.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It happens. You just have to learn to balance it and keep things in perspective

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• There is a disconnect somewhere. If you are madly in love with your husband, you would not be thinking about anyone else but him, much less entertaining the thought of physical and emotional attraction. Love pretty much implies exclusivity and complete commitment. It says there isn't anyone else who can displace my affections for the object of my love. I think you have deceived yourself into believing that you love your husband. You can choose to love him exclusively by completely removing yourself from the presence of the other guy. You can further force yourself to have no thoughts of any other man other than your husband. It has to do with self-control. Right now, you have convinced yourself that all of this is just beyond your control, but that is not the truth. You should force yourself to turn away from the other guy and devote your entire attention to the husband to whom you made vows. He deserves no less.
    Anonymous

• if you are madly in love with your husband then you wouldn't fantasize about another man. i am in love with my boyfriend and i am oblivious to anyone else. you shouldn't be thinking about another man in that way because it is cheating. your husband doesn't deserve for you to be interested in someone else. either you don't really love your husband or you have an infatuation with this other man because of his looks,personality,or something else. if i were you i'd forget about the other man unless you want to lose your husband. i hope you don't act on your impulses.
    Anonymous