Where were your contractions?

I think I'm having contractions but I've heard most people have them in their lower backs. My pain is in the front below my belly button sort of

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 1:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had back labor, so I primarily felt them in my lower back, but it did still wrap around the front. The back was the dominant pain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I didn't feel it at all in my back with any of my 3 vaginal births. It was always in my lower abs.

Answer by missanc at 1:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• in my belly, like right above my belly button
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• "Most people" do not have back labor. Back labor typically only occurs when the baby is facing the wrong way.

TRUE contractions should consume your entire uterus and might feel like they are going around to your back but it will be your WHOLE uterus. If you are only feeling them below your belly button than thats most likely the cramps that are helping your cervix efface. I wouldnt go to the hospital just yet. Wait until you feel them in your entire belly
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• you can have them in your back and stomach. if you have back labor they will be in your lower back. if you have a normal birth the contractions will be upfront and you will know they are contractions. could they be braxton hicks?
    Anonymous