For those of you who miscarried, how did it start?

I'm 10 weeks pregnant, had an ultrasound last week and saw the heartbeat and everything appeared "normal". Last night I started spotting a little, bright red at first and a little today but it's lighter and darker. I called the dr and they are going to do another ultrasound tomorrow and said it's "completely normal" for 20% of women to spot in the 1st trimester, but I'm still freaking out! Is this how a miscarriage typically starts?

Asked by missanc at 1:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Health

• With my first baby I had tons of spotting... and that was totally normal... I had a misscarriage recently, and i was having really bad period like cramps, more than normal, than started with bright red spotting, and it continued to get heavier and heavier..like a normal period.. Most likely though, you are just having normal spotting Good luck! I hope everything is just fine!
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i didnt miscarry, but i did bleed early in my pregnancy. it is normal. try not to worry
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• When I started misscarrying (I was 11.5 weeks) I had two days of really bad cramps before I started bleeding bright red. I went to a couple doctors over those two days and then to the ER because the pain was really bad and I figured that it wasn't normal. I ended up starting to bleed and misscarry in the hospital. So hopefully, if you have no cramping then everything is ok : )
    Champu

Answer by Champu at 2:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Thank you, thank you! I feel much more reassured and not as stressed.

Answer by missanc at 3:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009