Poopy Diaper Blow Outs - Suggestions Please....

Suddenly my 7 month old is having a Poopy diaper blow outs EVERY time!! and it is no freaking fun - more like a Haz-Mat situation. Any suggestions on how to prevent this?? I have both Size 3 and size 4(which are a tiny bit big) diapers (LUVS) and neither seems to make much of a difference. She is eating stage 2 jar food, rice and oatmeal ceral, eating "puffs" and formula so nothing new in the food catagory....

Am I just stuck in Doo-Doo hell???

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 1:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• try a different diaper. some absorb better than others.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Try Pampers size 4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• buy pampers! they hold the stuff so much better --- luvs are the worst... if you must buy off brand for price try target brand or white cloud. luvs leak --- end of story!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• OP: You know the funny thing is Luvs have always been great, well up to this point. Maybe it is the dramatically increased VOLUME of poo that is causing the problem....So I am getting all "yay's" on Pampers...
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• oatmeal can cause runny diapers, if thats the prob try giving some rice to balance it out and see if it helps.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My DD is lactose intolerant so we can have some doosies here to. she is 2 and Huggies Supreme is the only diaper that can hold it in! Well, Most of the time. Before we found out it was the milk she was taken off of fruit for a week. apparently it is very common for the under 3 crown to be sensitive to fructose.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I agree with the rest of the posters that Luvs are terrible. When my 7 yr old son was in diapers they totally rocked So I bought them again only to find that diaper quality has gone out the window with the economy. The cheapest best diapers I have found are the Family Dollar/ Dollar General store brand believe it or not. They hold well overnight and I have yet to have one leak poop out the back. If I have 25 bucks to drop on diapers I buy huggies little movers. Im not a big fan of pampers baby dry because if you compare them with luvs they are the exact same diaper only with different characters on the band. And NEVER buy parents choice from walmart, they are not cut straight and they have really rough edges on some, they just all seem very irregular. Good Luck!!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• OP: Ooooo I will have to try the Family Dollar brand, there is and FD right by my house!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2009