i had a colonoscopy done amout 3 weeks ago, and imhaving pains that i did not have before the procedure, is this normal??

i understand i wouldh ave cramping and bloting 24 hours after the procedure, but its been 3 weeks and imstill having pains. I now get a pain in my left and right side of my lower abdomen which i did not have before the procedure. the diagnosis was a hemorroid sp?. I'm still having bleeding and now have pains. it feels like i am getting charlie horses in my sides and i cramp and am bloated all the time now. when i get these pains, i automatically have to run for the bathroom and have bad diarhea. i have a bowel movement about 3-5 times a day. i drink plenty of water as a matter of fact that is all i drink is water. im no dehydrated. tha pain gets so bad sometimes that i curl or yelp at the sudden pain. is this normal to have 3 weeks after the procedure?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ohhh my husband's had a lot of colonoscopies cause of colon cancer in his family. He has hemr. too. Your kind of troubles have never happened to him before.

Your symptoms have gone on for quite a while. Call a doctor.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Go get it checked out! My great aunt passed away after this surgery due to the doctor knicking something he wasn't suppose to and she got an infection. It started out with pain and a couple weeks later she was gone.

Hope everything goes ok.
    Anonymous