Does anyone still douche?

I know the vagina is a self-cleaning oven, but my oven hasn't been totally clean since I started taking Camilla. I have been spotting for a week and it is so annoying. I thought I could douche before sex so that I could at least be clean for that. Would a mild vinegar one be okay to use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why not just take a long bath?? that kinda cleans you out... also tampons suck it up... try that. douches scare me and i have never so i dont think it would be a good idea. have you used them before? if you like them and they do what you want --- go ahead... i would just use a tampon and then take it out and soak in a bath.... if i wanted to do what you described.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• no, douching is never good for you. It kills the good bacteria too leaving you with an even worse vagina then before you douched.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• samurai chica is totally right... DONT DO IT!

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 2:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Douching can give you bacterial vaginosis, it's like the opposite of a yeast infection and they absolutely suck it makes you stink and itch and you have a weird nasty discharge. And the only way to get rid of it is to take antibiotics for a week. So I suggest just dealing with the spotting and leaving it alone because I'd rather have a little blood then smell like a dying animal.
    Anonymous

• I haven't douched in over 10 years, it's not good for you.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I do on occasion. Sometimes, the oven needs a little help. I haven't had any problems as a result, and only do it when something is amok down below.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I agree with Pnukey
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2009