Hair loss...

I had my son about 3 1/2 months ago and I've been noticing more hair loss now. Is this the normal time to start noticing this or is something else going on? Once before I was ever pregnant I changed birth control pill because of this. Am I going to have to again or is this normal?

annonymous359

Asked by annonymous359 at 2:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal. It will come back. It kind of sucks, though!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• ugh! i hated that part.. i lost a lot of hair its normal though. then it will grow back, and youll have what i call "wings" random little hairs growing around your hairline and they do not stay down. im going through that right now and it sucks lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It's normal, and it doesn't generally always come back. Pregnancy hormones make your hair grow thicker and fuller. When you're no longer pregnant, hormones go back to normal along with your "normal" hair, so the excess falls out.

Answer by missanc at 2:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Its normal. I paniced when mine fell out.. the doctor said it's common with "traumatic events" such as surgery, child birth, etc.
    eab001

Answer by eab001 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• sigh...I lost SO MUCH hair after having my son. I am not looking forward to that after this baby is born. I have no idea what you can do about it, although my OB did say I could see a dermatologist if it bothered me. I didn't, just because I couldn't afford to.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Totally normal, because of pregnancy hormones. The good news is that, because of all the extra hair you grew while you were pregnant (because of those same hormones), you won't go bald. . . . . I hated the hair loss thing with both of my kids - I literally pulled out clumps every day in the shower, and stuck them to the wall so they wouldn't clog the drain - it was gross!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009