low thyroid or pregnancy?

I have been using birth control but I have been having some early pregnancy symptoms similar to my other pregnancy. Like lower back pain/hips, fatigue and shortness of breath and even nausea. I also have low thyroid and I'm treating it naturally (through diet etc). So I'm not quiet sure what these sypmtoms are from, but my worry is that if I am pregnant that having low thyroid can cause a miscarriage. Also, its too soon to take a test. If I am pregnany I'm only 4 weeks, if that. I'm going to see an herbalist about my low thyroid, but should I call my doctor as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That doesn't really sound much like pregnancy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• well, I only can compare to my past pregnancies, and those are some of the symptoms I had before I even knew I was pregnant... but it could also be something else as well.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt say it's your thyroid either i have no thyroid so im always hypoactive the only thing that made me feel better was being pregnant and i never feel like that well besides being tired that just comes with the job i would call a doc an have other test run and see where that leads could just be the flu..
    Anonymous

• the doc could probably run a blood test for pregancy while he runs for other things as well...and it might show up
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2009