Was I right or just a witch???

We have neighbors from hell. Rental house. They fight, blare music, put garbage up against our houes, never get it to the curb on trash day, the list goes on. They have a dog, a mut, it wanders the block, poops in everyone's yard. When it is chained up, no shelter, no food or water. Blazing heat and frigid snow. This dog barks non stop on the chain. So, she will put her out at 2 a.m. go in and fall asleep. The dog proceeds to bark waking the whole block up but her. So, the other day I cam home to the dog on my porch...again. I called the pound. They came and picked her up. Neighbor comes over to tell us dog didn't come home. How she had that dog for 9 yrs. How she couldn't sleep because she was gone. Sorry, but if you cared, you would shelter, feed and water, liscense and vax the poor thing. I don't feel bad for calling, would you? We just told her we know the warden was on the block the other day and thats it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wouldn't feel bad at all. I would do it too.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't feel bad. Then again, I hate dogs. You did the right thing.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• no you did the RIGHT thing... that dog needs food and shelter etc.... i hope your pound doesnt put them to sleep..... but i would have done the same thing. if they have kids watch them closely, people who abuse and neglect animals do it to people too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I wouldve called long before that incident. I dont like seeing animals chained to anything for extended periods of time. She neglects that dog PERIOD! Maybe now she'll regret it and not get another animal...but she'll probably get a puppy for Christmas and start the cycle all over again!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I am all for helping animals, so I would have done the same thing. If the dog was being properly cared for they would not have taken the dog. You did what was in best interest of the dog. If she loved the dog so much she should have been caring for it. It is her fault not yours. You saved the dog from being neglected.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• AmaliaD, this woman has 2 yr old twins. She has lived next to us since last March. Protective Services has been there 3 times so far, and I am not the one making the call. I have no idea who is. I think she was screaming on the phone after one particular visit that it was the kids father and his family. She knocks on our door after midnight to use our phone to scream "Where are you"? to her boyfriend. I hope they move soon. I am glad the dog is gone, and so is the family that lives on the other side of her. In our neighborhood it is a mix of home owners and some rental properties. I don't know what is wrong with renters in our area, but they suck! Trash ass people who are dirty and ignorant.
    Anonymous

• So glad you called. Hopefully they won't put 'em to sleep. Or she could just go get her dog and things continue the same but this time he stays chained up :(

Y do people get dogs when they can't even take care of them???? I'm not a dog-hater but I hate owners who don't take care of their pets.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• sounds like your neighbor needs to fix one problem at a time. i prolly would of done it, ive done it many times to a dog that kept getting out of my nieghbor's yard but the problem was...everybody needed to hide in their houses while she was at work the whole day because this dog bites! it bit me on the leg and bit a neighbor kid, after it bit me she said "ill do something with him" NEVER did so when the dog bit the child, i told the parents that she will just come over to tell you that she will do something with the dog but wont. EXACTLY what she did! they called animal shelter and never saw the dog again. whew!

i wouldnt of felt bad. maybe she can go onto fixing the next problem you have listed.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You are right.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009