should i call my dr again?? is this pain normal to have after this procedure???

i had a colonoscopy done amout 3 weeks ago, and imhaving pains that i did not have before the procedure, is this normal??
i understand i wouldh ave cramping and bloting 24 hours after the procedure, but its been 3 weeks and imstill having pains. I now get a pain in my left and right side of my lower abdomen which i did not have before the procedure. the diagnosis was a hemorroid sp?. I'm still having bleeding and now have pains. it feels like i am getting charlie horses in my sides and i cramp and am bloated all the time now. when i get these pains, i automatically have to run for the bathroom and have bad diarhea. i have a bowel movement about 3-5 times a day. i drink plenty of water as a matter of fact that is all i drink is water. im no dehydrated. tha pain gets so bad sometimes that i curl or yelp at the sudden pain. is this normal to have 3 weeks after the procedure?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Health

• i would call the doc and ask them. it never hurts to ask. they can atleast reassure you things would be okay, or give you a timeline of when things will be better
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'd call - that doesn't sound normal to me. I had one about a year and a half ago, and I've never had anything like that. Nothing in the first couple of days after either - I was back to "normal" within a couple of hours. But then again, you could have something else going on, unrelated to the colonoscopy, it just happened to show up at the same time.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like there is something else the problem and not directly related to the procedure. Keep up the water drinking. With diarrhea you can get dehydrated quickly.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009