makeup before a scheduled cesarean

ok so i'm going in for my 2nd c-section to deliver my 3rd child in about 3 weeks! i'm really excited but also very nervous as i have never had this "planned" before and the anticipation is killing me!!! for those who MUST know why i'm having a c-section it's because i got pregnant when my 2nd child was only 4 months old who was also delivered by emergency c-section.

anyway i've heard some women say that they put make up on when they were going in for a planned c-section. i was thinking of doing that too but not sure so i just wanted some of your perspectives. would you if it were you? assuming you are the type who already wears make up every now and again. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't. You won't be able to take it off that night. You won't be feel well enough for that. You will end up with raccoon eyes the next day. Just shower and do your hair. Maybe a little lip gloss at the most.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I always wear make up if I'm leaving my house, giving birth is no exception.
    Anonymous

• well i was induced, and i took a shower did my hair make up everything iende dup with a c-section but i had myself all done up i guess. not done up, more like just ready like normal. my mother went into labor naturally and her water broke she took a shower did her hair makeup everything wtih all 3 pregnancies. nothing wrong with that.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i had a planned c and i Showered before. pulled my hair back... no makeup in surgery! that doesnt seem like a good idea. if you want to --- by all means do... but no one will notice i promise you!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I wear makeup most days, but when I went for my pre op appointment they told me NO makeup, lotion, deodorant, perfume, etc. I couldn't even wear my contacts! They gave me a special soap I had to use the morning of the csection. Makeup was a definite no no, but if they had okayed it - then YES I would have done it!

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i definitely would
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You are not supposed to wear makeup into the operating room because it's dirty. You use your hands to touch your face to apply it. Germs are adhering to it. The operating room is a sterile environment. Not to mention the medical staff needs to see your skin in its natural state in case you have any status changes. Not to mention the meds that you will be given are going to make your face itch and you will end up rubbing it all over the place.
    Anonymous

• my face never itched, they never told me it wasnt okay to wear it. the prepped me for my c section and im assuming if i wasnt allowed to wear it in, they would have had me take it off then and there.
    you do not touch anything during a c section you lay they arms spread laying there. you can double check with ur dr that it is okay but im sure it is.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• My first; was to be induced at 6AM; no I didn't wear makeup for that! lol

But with my 2nd she was scheduled in the afternoon and yes I wore makeup!

No one said anything about not wearing it; in fact they even looked at me funny when I asked if I needed to take my earrings out...sooo yeah ask your Dr but I would think it's fine.
    Anonymous

• 2:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 by: AmaliaD
    i had a planned c and i Showered before. pulled my hair back... no makeup in surgery! that doesnt seem like a good idea. if you want to --- by all means do... but no one will notice i promise you!

I did it with mine; not so the people at the hospital would notice; but I hated hated hated how I looked after our oldest was born; so I'm happy that I looked human in the photos of our 2nd!! =) It was for me; not for them...
    Anonymous