What activities do you do with your toddler?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm starting to get him to color horizontal then vertical lines. Then in another few mos circles! Also, getting him to stack blocks. His ultimate goal when he's 2 is 3 blocks. Also, we go for walks and I'll talk to him about what we see and teach him new ASL words. We read often and I sign as I read to him. I'll ask him to find objects in the pix to see if he's paying attention.

We also go to Parent Ed classes and storytime at the library. Find times to do playdates.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• we stack blocks, play with these pop on lego things, lately he opens presents to practice for christmas, if it was warmer we'd go outside, he likes to find me when I hide, I put up blankets and make forts, I sing to him a lot sleepy songs, play songs, wake up songs, christmas songs, he empties out his toys and drawers then puts things back sometimes and sometimes tries to throw stuff away that doesn't go in the trash, we pull toys around and push toys around, he plays on the piano and tries to climb it so I put him down and play on it instead, I've had to move the cd players away because he kept turning them on a getting out cds, we just started coloring when he sits in his high chair, we read lots of board books with textured stuff, when it snowed I brought some inside so he could play with it. His favorite thing is climbing so we do gymboree together.

I am constantly looking for activities as well.
    marebear43

Answer by marebear43 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2009