Would this piss you off?

I told my boss that my last day was going to be Jan 15th. I've been measuring a week bigger at every appt so my Dr said that I may have her early so that'll give me 2-3 weeks from the time I quit my job until the time I have her. Our closing date on the house we're buying is Jan 14th so I'm going to use that time to paint and for us to get moved and unpacked before I have the baby. I might also add that I am NOT coming back to where I work after I have the baby and I am NOT getting maternity leave from work. Well I'm sick and had to go to the Dr yesterday and had to miss work, well today I came back to work and a guy I work with told me that my boss, one of my co-workers, and another dept's boss was bad mouthing me bad yesterday and saying "I dont know why she thinks she needs 2 or 3 weeks off before she has the baby." Im mad enough I want to just get up and leave. I don't think it is any of their damn business!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its not their business at all, but be the bigger person and ignore it. Youll be gone soon and wont have to worry about them.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yes it would they are just jealous and so what of what they think just as long as you get what you want and do what you want soon it will all be behind you and them. Just look at it in the future you will be at home with your beautiful baby while they are still working there. Just kill them with kindness....I hate people like that I just don't associate with people like that. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Sounds like my office. Of course I'd be pissed. I wouldn't do anything about it though. You'll be gone soon anyway.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• you're right it's none of their business, it's your finances. women might be jealous of you. but on the other hand they are entitled to their opinions, i'd just keep mum until you leave, it's only a lil bit longer. good luck
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You quitting probably threw them for a loop, they need to hire someone and get them trained up and they only have a couple weeks. Plus you calling in sick makes them think that you will actually quit before the day you told them. It happens in business a lot. If you're not going back, I wouldn't worry about it, unless you are planning on using them for references. In which case I wouldn't call in sick again until my last day.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• YEPP, but screw em, its your business, and you dont have to go back to that stupid place. stick it out a little while longer and itll all be over!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Deep breath, deep breath, deep breath

This is perfect practice for being a parent... some things simply are not worth your time.

Ignor this and keep doing your best work.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about it, you are leaving. You only have a few more days with those people. With my last baby I was due August 17th, my last day of work was July 16th or there about. She came on August 13th. With my second my last day was Dec. 7th and he come on Dec 27th (due on the 25th). I always took that amount of time off just to get ready and rested up before the baby came.
    Anonymous

• Are you going to stop coming in before the day you told them? Probably. They are irritated.
    Anonymous

• Well I dont know why they're so worried about me leaving. I've been here almost 4 years thru a "temp" agency and Im considered a long term temp...they told us a few months ago that they wouldn't have our jobs in the budget next year and at the end of the year we wouldn't have a job...well they decided about 2 weeks ago to tell us they were keeping the 3 of us for an extra month...then they changed it til the middle of March....So Im getting tired of their crap anyways. And I have bronchitis so that's why I missed work and HR told me I needed to go home today but my boss said "No we need her to work and she do sound as bad as she did yesterday." I look forward to my last day of work now...
    Anonymous