what is their responsiblity?

Do people in gerenal have a responsiblity to the world to
* volunteer
* do good deeds
* be a good person
* do what is right at all times

Or to each their own and if they want to do more great, if not then so be it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think the only "responsibility" we have is to take care of ourselves and our young and not trample on anyone else's rights. Volunteerism, good deed doing, and wise decision making should always remain one's prerogative. You can't make being a decent human being compulsory. We can all hope and wish that eventually most people will do these things, but I personally don't look down on those who don't, as long as they are taking responsibility for themselves and their lives, and not hurting anyone else.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 2:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• There used to be a movement to try to get people to give 5% of their money and time to help others. It was around the time Carter was president.

Of course people should do all of those things.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• If I had extra money, I'd give to charity. If I had more time, I'd volunteer. I have a family to take care of, and they come first no matter what anyone else believes, and I'm barely hanging on as it is. In my very honest opinion, people are decent human beings if they take care of their family, don't commit crimes, don't do drugs and don't hurt anyone else.
    Anonymous

• I think our responsibility is to do whats best, what's right, in taking care of other people. If everyone were to live by that, then there would be no homelessness, no alcoholics and drug addicts, no hungry... no poor. My family took in someone who had nowhere to stay, in return for a room and food to eat, he watches our children and helps with housework. Alcoholics and drug addicts are the result of selfishness... the hungry and poor could be helped if EVERYONE looked out for others.

Unfortunately, we dont live in a world like that... the only concern most people have is themselves.... and our "Me First" attitude is going to be the end of humanity.

**steps off of soap box**

Thank you
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009