Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to do a free criminal/background check?

The guy I've been seeing has a few court records, I know some are parenting plan stuff, but I'm not sure what the others are. I'd like to know if he has any arrests or convictions.


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • if your in oklahoma i can give you the site if not it may take some searching but you can find them

    Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

  • usually they are not free, you can go to your state trooper's office and get one for about 15 bucks usually on anyone, sometimes you need their social though.

    Answer by angevil53 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

  • I thought there were always charges involved.

    Answer by Gailll at 2:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

  • I know there is a jail tracker site, it is free for all the counties around me except my own county! lol....but you can put in someone's name and it'll tell if they have been in jail, their charges, and even their mug shot!! Try that....not sure of the exact link, but just put in jail tracker and see what you come up with!

    Answer by robyann at 2:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

  • It is free public information. Find the county court site and look up his name.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

  • goto the clerk of courts website for your area you can look it up there you will probably have to go to the clerk of courts to veiw the documents

    Answer by mommie2twogirls at 3:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

  • Whether or not it's free depends on where you live. It's different in different places and can even differ county to county within the same state.

    If the guy's lived in the same place during the entire time you're interested in, then just call your county clerk's office and ask them how to go about getting criminal records for your area.

    If the guy's moved around, especially state to state, there are many private investigators listed in the yellow pages who can do a search for you at a reasonable cost. My husband's a private investigator and a country-wide check is less than $100.

    Answer by Avarah at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.