How do you prioritize your day? (Sahm's)

My day is like this I babysitt (good money once payday comes around...lol) I get myself ready for the day and get the kids ready for school I come home and slowly my babysitting kids come in I spend time with them then when nap time comes I take one too with them (we are all in the same room) 4 kids total.
I just want to do something different...there is lots to do around my home like clear out stuff in the kitchen, closets, cabinets, start to workout I mean do something for my body...In my head I feel overwhelmed and never do a thing. It's like I don't have a direction to go...Can you help me? I don't want to leave the kids unattended bc I am in the other room doing something I know I can probably wait til all the kids go home but by then it is too late and MY own family needs to be attended and I'll b tired by then too. Whoa!!! is me :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here is what I do - I have three little ones. We are usually up by 8:00. I get my older two breakfast (they are 2 and 3). As they eat and I eat, I also work on the dishes. Empty the dishwasher from the night before and put whatever new dirty dishes there are in. When they are done with breakfast, if it is nice out we go out to play or for a walk. If not they then sit at the table for a little to color, play with play dough, while I throw laundry to the basement and just pick up random things around the house. Before lunch we might do craft or they just play. After lunch just my 2 year old naps. My 3 year old and I work on his letters and do laundry. When my 2 year old wakes up they just play until dh comes home. In between all this I am also taking care of / nursing my 4 month old. Her routine just fits in where ever with ours. During time when they are playing that is when I get other things done.
    Anonymous

• My top priority is making sure my kids are taken care of (clean, fed, picked up from school on time, etc), second priority is putting a good meal on the table at supper time. Third is laundry/child bathing. Everything else falls to the bottom of the totem pole, and we (hubby & I) work together at all the rest as it needs to be done.
    Anonymous

• when I worked out, I would do it in the morning before getting my kids up and ready for the day. One, so I wouldnt have little eyes watching me or getting in the way, and two, I found it gave me energy and made me feel productive before the day even really started.
    chasNrico

Answer by chasNrico at 6:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009