Can an atheist, unknowingly, be doing God’s work.

in any number of ways... from forcing believers to speak about their faith, to challenge believers to think, or in something they may do for a living or in volunteer work. Simply because they are atheists does it preclude them from being nudged in one way or another from a higher power... even if they dont believe in that higher power?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Reminds me of the comment made by a character in the novel turned mini series The Stand. "It doesn't matter if you don't believe in God, Nick, He believes in you."
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 3:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Strange question. Could you possibly, unknowingly be nudged into doing the work of Zeus, even though (assuming) you don't believe in him?

As a non-believer, I'm inclined to say no, unless you can prove it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• If every act of kindness is considered "gods work", then I suppose the answer would be yes.

HOWEVER- the presence of a higher power is non-applicable to us, so as you ask this question we sit shaking our heads at the ignorance.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• YES!
    Anonymous

• To me, being an atheist, this is an insulting question. Whatever I do, however I nudge you to think or however I may live my life, I do because of MY OWN VALUES AND MORALS, not because some invisible dude is pushing me around...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I am not a 100% christian... Im in the seaching process... but I am definately a believer in something.
    As a non-believer, anng.atlanta, do you ever do good deeds for others? What is the motivation?

Im asking with the utmost respect and purly out of curiosity.

OP
    Anonymous

• Ahhhh... thank you for the honest answers.
    I have to say I now can see your points.

OP
    Anonymous

• Oh, brace yourselves! FIRESTARTER QUESTION!!!! Just walk away!
    Anonymous

• ok i was giving my son some of the reasons and bible contradictions that atheist post on here. He actually started to question his faith and and doing research. eventually became stronger in his belief in God because of it. So I say YES SIRIE BOB they can AND DO!

want proof? look at the many people who were forced into digging deeper into their faith because of the numerous questions that are posted here attacking and telling Christians they are brainwashed.
    Anonymous