Best Buy had an ad on their Thanksgiving Flyer about a Muslim hoilday and wishing them a happy one while keeping their doors open on Thanksgiving.

No mention of any Merry Christmans. How do you feel about that?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• but i don't think they have the right to do that... we live in a non islamic country.... and we have to live by the rules of the state. now if it were a muslim store, maybe they might have the right to protest it.. or if this was a muslim country and even then there are rules that apply which they have to follow. however here they don't. They should just tend to their own business and worship God and stop trying to join the crowd or change things that truly have no impact on being able to worship the Creator.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 10:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• It was a month away from Christmas.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Who cares?
    Anonymous

• I don't. Why on earth would you feel anything about someone else's holiday being mentioned in a sale flier?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• She is upset , notpanicking because dumb ass best buy can mention a Muslim holiday, but no one is allowed to say Merry Christmas, anymore, you have to say happy holidays. It really upsets me, because our country was founded on Christian beliefs, and if you can say have a nice Muslim holiday you should at least be able to say Merry Christmas, without someone getting all upset, this is so ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• that's their prerogative. why does it twist your knickers? why are some christians SO threatened by the mention of anyone else's holiday?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I thought I heard when this story broke that they do say Merry Christmas on the Christmas weekend flyer. I swear thats what I heard a Best buy rep say....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• oh, and I dont care. As long as they are equal in their treatment and dont intentionally leave out a holiday I am good with it.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• , but no one is allowed to say Merry Christmas, anymore,

oh bullshit.

our country was founded on Christian beliefs

such as? 

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I am not threatened by anyone else holiday, all I am saying is why cant christians have their holiday, cant you read????????
    Anonymous