POTTY TRAINING HELP ME PLEASE

OK LADIES IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF ADVICE. PLEASE BE NICE.
MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHOM WEVE BEEN POTTY TRAINING FOR A YEAR AND 5 MONTHS, STILL HAS ACCIDENTS,STILL WEARS A PULLUP AT NIGHT! SHE WILL WAIT TILL LAST MINUTE TO GO POTTY THEN PEE HERSELF. I TRY TO PUT HER ON THE POTTY EVERY 30 MINS AND SHES JUST NOT COOPARATING, I NEED TO HAVE HER POTTY TRAINED FOR WHEN SHE STARTS SCHOOL! HELP ME PLEASE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well, if she is wetting at night that is common, and some children develop at a slower pace (physically) than others. have you tried rewarding her for "dry days"? or even a "dry morning/afternoon"? I'm not suggesting that you bribe her, but telling her that this (whatever it is, a treat, something fun you do together) is something she can earn by making sure she gets to the potty in time, may be helpful.

if she continues to have problems, and in some rare cases they do- not because they do not recognize when the have to go, but because the pelvic floor muscles are weak, they have an overactive bladder, or another underlying condition like chronic mild UTIs (which CAN go undiagnosed for a long while) they may need an intervention. if you keep trying and nothing seems to be working, it might be time to talk to a Urologist and find out what is going on. your ped can give you a referral.

just keep on keeping on.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Execpt at night. Stop letting her wear pullups. When she does pee on her self let her wear the wet pants for a while. Sometimes that works. Find something she likes. Tell her she will not have it tell she starts going pee in the toilet.

Answer by louise2 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Make her change her own clothes when she has an accident. She wont like touching the wet undies...that should help.
    And, I agree with the NO pull-ups! They only make potty training harder, no matter how much they try to tell you differently =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• she doesnt wear pullups during the day only at night time. But the problem is i think she is too Lazy or distracted to get up and go. ITS DRIVING ME NUTS I FEEEL LIKE IM GETTING NOW WERE!
    Anonymous

• the more you push her the more shes going to rebel against it. my son was the same way. the more i pushed him, the less he was trying. I just said forget it. and i didnt put a diaper on him the whole day and he went to the potty himself and i was letting him wear pull ups at night cause even at 5 kids will still have accidents and you cant stop that. but my son started not wearing pull ups at night i guess it was getting too uncomfortable, but dont let her drink anything like an hour before bed either. Let it take its course.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I had the same problem with my daughter. She was to busy playing and would wet herself or not mak it to the bathroom in time. Took me a while to figure out what the problem was. We live with my brother and his wife who also have a daughter only 9months younger then mine. My daughter was afraid to leave her toys to go to the bathroom because she thought that when she came back her cousin would be playing with them and she wouldn't get them back. We started giving her gerber fruit snacks as a reward and ensuring her that her toys would be right were she left them when she was finished. And if for some reason her cousin did get the toy she was playing with we would explain to her that she was not finished playing with the toy and talk her into giving it back. It worked wonders.
    tiny_21_2003

Answer by tiny_21_2003 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• As for pull-ups, my daughter wore them day and night through her potty training. Once she got the idea of it she only wore them at night. And the night before her third birthday she said "Mommy I don't like pull-ups anymore they are uncomfortable." I said "Ok, you dont have to ware them if you don't want to. But you might wake up wet and it might scare you." she responded with "No, I won't wake up wet." And she didn't. She turned 3 on oct. 5 and she has only had one wet morning.
    tiny_21_2003

Answer by tiny_21_2003 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009