How would this make you feel? (I feel like the grinch) in away:(

Why did I change in that way when I was growing up we celebrated Christmas but my parents made it more of a kid thing like just for us kids (kids got gifts and that was that) My parents really never got all that into the holidays. We were just happy with that and that is the way it has always been. Now that I have a family of my own I am sort of doing that my dh is the total opposite but with his help we compromise of course it is all about the kids too but we don't do Christmas cards I used to recieve alot but as time went by they started to come even less I guess bc I never send one back :( No biggie for me though but since we live closer to his parents we buy gifts for them and none for my parents they live 12 hours away but MY parents sent some money to spend on us or the kids. My dh says just put it in the bank it is all the same and I am more like that is for us for Xmas...I guess I feel bad bc my parents send us some-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• thing and I don't or we don't but yet his family we do and they give us gifts...I don't want to hide the money from my dh but in a way he is right...How would u handle this?
    Anonymous

• I would spend it on a gift for each child with a tag from your parents
    Anonymous

• I would honor your parents wishes. If they gave it with the intent that you spend it on a gift, do it. If they said spend the money on what you need and you need to save it for bills, do that.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 3:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Yes, I'd do the same. Buy gifts for your kids with the money they send you. Ha, or you can return the gifts his family gives you and put the money in the bank. I understand your feelings. Your family is important too!
    Anonymous

• I would take the money to buy gifts for the kids from your parents, my in-laws send a small amount of money around the holidays that we take to buy a family gift, last year it went to replace the ps2.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 4:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Theres a difference between being rude and not being big on Christmas. You need to send your parents a card in the very least. They are your parents for goodness sake. How could you not send your own parents a card on Christmas?
    Anonymous

• Buy the kids something ; take a picture of it and send them the picture with a thank card. Have the kids sign the card.
    Anonymous