Every woman I know who's given birth in the past 2 years has had a c-section!

With the exception of two that I can think of, about 7 other women I know have had c-sections! Seriously, this is getting out of hand! I had to have one last year due to my baby being breech. I was in labor for 9 hrs. and she never turned! But lots of my friends have had them for varying reasons, many because docs. told them their 'fluid was low.' This can't be right!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Research in Europe is showing that C-sections are safer long term for baby and mom...i had a C-section becuase my babys heart rate kept dropping with my contractions (cord was around his neck)...and im having another one this time. After MY research i think its whats best for me!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• no, its not right- nor was having one because of a breech baby, it can still be safely delivered vaginally. unfortunately most doctors have lost that knowledge in the wake of medical procedure.

if i had had an OB with my last baby, he would have been a c-section (in some cases they will call CPS if a laboring mother refuses a c-sec, its sad- wouldn't believe it if i didn't see it happen), i was in labor for almost 8 days. he was born happy, healthy, pink, never required any intervention- was monitored throughout those 7 days and he was fine, so was i. but most doctors would have taken a long (but otherwise by the book normal) labor as an emergency, when it is not. the only reason for a c section is if the mother or baby are going to die.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• honestly i think its easier, 45mins and your done... with pushing it could take hours even days, i'd rather live with a scar and only go through 45 mins than hours of pushing.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I was seeing midwives who recommended c-section for breech. I did a ton of research on it, and every possible study states that the best outcome for mother and child in breech cases is scheduled c-section. Unless you've popped out at least 2 kids or more, docs. or midwives do not recommend going vaginal for breech.
    Anonymous

• People are chosing to have surgery they will only stop when more people start having those complications ro they will stop when it is too late and they cant have kids anymore.
    There is nothing wrong with it if it is needed to be done medically, but to just do it because you dont want to go through labor is IMO lazy.
    I would NEVER trade the 2 vaginal births I have had for a csection.
    Labor and all.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• But I don't think they had c-section out of laziness, there were reasons the docs gave. My sister was told the baby was in distress. Two of my friends had babies who were sideways and stuck. My neighbor had 'low fluid.' Others were pre-mature babies, etc. There are viable reasons, but how do you know which reasons are good enough to warrant c-section?
    Anonymous

• C-sections are absolutely not "easy." and if my daughters cord hadn't decided to make it's way out while she had one leg into the birth canal and the other all the way up by her head I wouldn't even have considered it! My first two girls were delivered vaginally and I was up and walking within 30 minutes. Try that with a gaping wound!
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 3:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I had a c the first baby and a v-back for the second. In my opinion I'm not sure why anyone would choose a c-section, major surgery, more pain, and a way longer recovery time than vaginally. You can have a very comforatble v delivery with help drugs.
    Shopsha0911

Answer by Shopsha0911 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Unfortunately, it is an epidemic in this country, fueled by lazy doctors, out-of-shape women, epidurals, and women unwilling to educate themselves on the process childbirth and their options.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The ONLY good thing that comes after c sections are the extra PERCOCET!
    Anonymous