Christians (a ? by me, Faithful4ever)

What is the Land of Nod? I have heard Pagans talk of this and i have their views. Please tell me yours.

-Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its used to describe a "sleepy place" in childrens songs and stories, right? ~~ But, I think in the bible it's a place where one of Adams sons went to live...Anyone know for sure?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The Hebrew word for "Nod" means "to wander" or "wandering". It is the place where Cain went after his confrontation with the Lord. (Genesis 4:9-16).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Cain went there. ...but i'm confused because i thought that all the people were in the garden of Eden. And it says that Cain got a wife and had kids. ...so his wife must of come from Nod??

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

---------------
    They had been kicked out of the Garden by this time.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Cain likely married one of his sisters. Adam and Eve had many children during their nearly 1000-year existence.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 3:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• But the bible doesn't talk about others being kicked out of Eden. So how do you know that is true?

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• When Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, it was just the two of them.......They left before they had children.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Sorry. I know they were all kicked out.
    I guess what i mean is it doesn't talk about others being "driven from the face of the earth" Gen 4:14

-Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• I guess what i mean is it doesn't talk about others being "driven from the face of the earth" Gen 4:14
    ---------------
    The Bible doesn't speak of any children being born in Eden. They can't have been kicked out if they weren't there.

Cain stated what is written in verse 14, not God. He was distraught over the sentence that his punishment carried. It's the same as when I tell my teen-age daughter that she has lost phone privileges. She says something melodramatic like--"I'll never get to talk to my friends and my life will be ruined!"
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Okay. i understand that there were no children in Eden. What i am saying is that the bible does not say anything about any of Adam and Eve's other children being "banished" from them. Only Cain.
    Anonymous