URGENT Need help with ideas URGENT

Hi, I need help with ideas on what can I do to reciprocate a gift my 3.5 yrs old son received from a classmate today.

He got a personalized book titled When I grow up. I absolutelly adore it but what can I give to the girls who gave it to him. They both attend the same pre-K and she is sweet but I don't know what to give to a girl. Any ideas? Help help URGENT They go on school brake on Friday.

bebita

Asked by bebita at 3:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get her a gift card for BUILD A BEAR WORKSHOP if you have one in your area. Or go there and make her a build a bear you can also do it on line but have it sent to her home if that's possible.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Build a Bear is a wonderful idea.
    Other ideas might be a DVD of the newest princess movie (I can't think of the name of it), play jewelry, dress up clothes, or another good book. Or, what does your son like? My DD loves toys made for boys.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 3:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Is the little girl a good friend of your son? Did she get gifts for the entire class? In my experience (3 kids who have been in daycare/preschool), the kids don't exchange gifts. I don't think you want to start gift giving at that age. And really, who says that you have to give a gift to someone just because they gave one to you? I think a really nice thank you note and maybe a picture drawn by your child would be the best way to reciprocate. Just my opinion . . . .
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You see I have only a son and I don't know what girls like. The girl who gave him the personalized book seem to have everything. I think she will enjoy the build a bear gift certificate, we have one in our town. It will be discrete so the other children don't see a big present going to the girl. Thank so much for your input, I appreciate it. The question becomes how much is appropriate? The book cost probably around $20 so should I match it or what should I do? The build a bear cost much more than that so how much is appropriate?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No they are not good friends, they are classmates. The girl seems very sweet and nice, she is usually trying to talk to my son but he has a speech delay and talks a lot less than the girl does. I made a batch of cookies for the whole class and send them in very nice individualized wraps with ingredients listed and customized for each child but those were cookies not personalized books. I guess I'll send a thank you note and a gift certificate.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't feel pressured to reciprocate a gift. My daughter had her first crush in preschool - and she wanted to buy little gifts for him for Valentine's Day. I bought the gifts and my daughter didn't get anything in return...which was TOTALLY FINE AND APPROPRIATE really....

TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009