Will I still get EIC???

For the whole year I have claimed tax exempt only because of my bills. I was wondering if I will still qualify for EIC. I did not get taxes taken out federal or state so I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about taxes. Will I owe??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep! You will owe big time.
    Anonymous

• yes, you will probably owe and I doubt you will get EIC. If you do, it will just take off a chunk of what you owe.
    DH changed his for only a few months during the holidays (not even to exempt, just to get a little bit more of his check) and ended up paying upwards of 2000.00.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• tax exempt on your paycheck? Oh girl whom ever gave you that advice has royally screwed you cause at tax time you'll be paying a huge amount back. Your still going to owe income tax on the money you made now instead a little at each check it's going to be one huge lump sum.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• FYI....unless you are truly exempt ANY taxes you would have paid throughout the year, will still need to be paid.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• :(
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I may be your one ray of hope here. You may not owe depending on your deductions. Do you have children that you are getting to deduct? Do you itemize? College tax credits? Married? All of these can make a difference in what you may and may not owe. Check with a tax expert on this one. We were getting way to much money back at the end of each year so we dropped things back and still expect to get a large refund.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It would depend on your taxable income and the deductions you are allowed
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 4:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• yes you will owe. that stinks girl :-(
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• It depends on how much money you made, how you are filing (head of household, married filing jointly....) if anyone is claiming you as a dependent and how many children you have.

If you are single, have no one claiming you as a dependant with one child, I believe if you make under $30,000 or $40,000 you will get the EIC. You may still owes a bit of taxes, and if you do, they will just subtract that from the EIC.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009