About this healthcare bill...

Since it seems they are going to drop the "public option" and the medicare parts then isn't basically saying if you don't have insurance you will be fined and/or go to jail? I haven't read it because I work and have children to care for so, I'm just curious. And if that is what it says isn't it just going to make insurance cost higher because the companies are going to know that Americans have to have it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Bingo!
    Anonymous

• Not only that, but the bill is also going to give the gov't the power to require every insurance policy to cover all the special-interest favorites du jour - which will FORCE them to charge more. So we will have a choice between signing up for expensive monthly payments or waiting until we file our income tax to pay the penalty for not having insurance. Which do you think a lot of folks will have to pick? (especially given the 7 million lost jobs ...)

ALSO, it will still be banning the insurance companies from denying coverage based on pre-existing conditions. So that someone who learns they have a very expensive problem can pick up the phone and BEGIN coverage AFTER the diagnosis.
    This is exactly like a person with no car insurance getting their car totalled in an accident, and phoning the insurance company the next morning to buy a policy. As soon as the policy is in place, they can claim $$ for their totalled car !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Also you have to consider the bill according to some Dems leaves the door open for a single payer (Gov run) system. I worry about this and pray it fails. I have family who need real health care relief and nothing in the last bill I saw will help them a lick. Just will penalize them more than they are now. Again this is not about health care just more Gov control.
    Anonymous

• this is not about health care just more Gov control.

If that isnt obvious to ALL by now something is wrong
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• They charge you a fee if you don't apply for health care and that fee is paid with your yearly income tax filing,right?
    Anonymous

• this is not about health care just more Gov control

It's a shame that 'Some" left leaning liberals are perfectly OK with surrendering individual freedoms over to the government. Pathetic.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

I'm not sure how that will work, but I have heard that you would have to provide proof of insurance when you file. I keep hoping that this thing fails, fails, fails....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009