Shroud from Jesus' era found, researchers say

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/12/16/mideast.ancient.shroud/index.html

What are your thoughts?

I would like to say it does not shake my faith at all, but I find it interesting as I do all of history.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 4:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 4:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Interesting... just curious why it would shake your faith though. I can understand it shaking faith in the Shroud of Turin, is that what you meant?
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Interesting... While I do believe Jesus existed, I don't believe he was "the son of God", but rather a great prophet with a wonderful message of love, acceptance, forgiveness and understanding. I don't, however, believe the Shroud of Turin is genuine. I'm certainly not going to argue with science on that one.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• "While I do believe Jesus existed, I don't believe he was "the son of God", but rather a great prophet with a wonderful message of love, acceptance, forgiveness and understanding."
    --------------------------------------------
    But, if He said He was the Son of God, and you dont believe it, then don't you think He is a liar? And how can He be so wonderful if He tried to scam everyone?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I didn't say HE didn't believe he was the son of God, did I? He may very well have believed that. However, I still believe his general message was a good one. I also believe the church has completely bastardized and modified that message into something I can't support... But teaching people love, and acceptance, and forgiveness is not a bad thing, no matter WHO delivers the message.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• There has been some scientific experiements done that have debunked the Shroud of Turin being from Christ's time, but as we know, many people hold faith above science. I don't see this new shroud changing the minds of those who believe in the Shroud of Turin unless the new discovery also had Christ's image on it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• freela I was trying to avoid a debate on if the shroud is real or not. Personally, the shroud being real or fake does not move my faith.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 4:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• There is nothing in the article that says the new shroud belonged to Jesus ... he didnt have leprosy or tb and they found it on a dead body!

I still believe the Shroud of Turin was Jesus but science and many others out there do try hard to debunk the truth of who Jesus really is.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I also believe that Jesus was a wise man but not the son of God. Do we even know if he called himslef the son? Or was that just written by someone who was continuing the Myth?
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry I don't understand the relevance. So they found a shroud from that era so what. People died back then too and they say it's consistent with the practices of that era. No where does it say it belonged to Jesus or anything like that. Though it does say the man probably died of tuberculosis infection. Had leprosy too.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009