My kid's behavior has changed rapidly...What do I do?

My daughter has always been headstrong and independent, but generally she's always been a good kid. She listened and helped out. She was also pretty much potty trained. She just had a few pooping accidents here and there.

She started school this fall and I was very proud. She had no accidents ever and was the most well behaved child in the class. Her teacher loved her. Now all of a sudden she is acting out (not so much being mean, but being outright defiant) and she is either peeing or pooping her pants almost daily. I discussed this with her teacher and we can pinpoint when the behavior began but there doesn't seem to be a cause. Has anyone else had this problem? Can you help me find a way to correct her behavior?

KandWsmommy

Asked by KandWsmommy at 4:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Has she had any changes at home or have you been stressed out lately? Maybe its someone at school. Kids react to stress or any changes in their life. My son has accidents and acts mean when we moved, when my husband was very ill and hospitalized and when our daughter was born. I would try to talk to her and pay close attention, something is probably bothering her.
    gatheringdust

Answer by gatheringdust at 3:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2009