do baby swings have a lifetime of use?

i bought an older model swing that only lasted a month. so do swings have a time that they are good for then die. if so what is the estimated time that they last. i can't afford to buy new but i don't want to keep buying used. also i prefer a plug in kind but are more money. which do you prefer? battery or plug in and why?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well plug may be more expensive at that point but in the long run it will be cheaper ... have you seen the prices of batteries and you will go through them fast i probably buy new batteries every 2wks for all the stuff i have 2 swings a bouncy seat camera toys it's not cheap but gotta do what yah gotta do...i wouldnt think theres a lifetime use on a swing i have one that is atleast 9 years old from a family member and it still works great
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 5:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• We don't have a swing. I'd invest in something non-mechanical instead, depending upon what you want the swing for.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I had one of the ones that you wind up to get started, then it's sort of self winding after that. My son LOVED it, and was happy in it, even if it wasn't moving. My daughter on the other hand, HATED it, and would cry if she even saw it, so I got rid of it when she was about 3 months old.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• so i have another question, why would my swing of not swung with the odl batteries in it but the music worked and it tried to swing but wouldn't? now that we have new batteries it doesn't do anything? is just broken then or does it matter what batteries we use? my husband seems to bought a cheaper brand of batteries. swing doesn't work.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009