What do you say when a child signs......

What do you say to your 11 year old when she signs your name to a document without your knowledge? I am sooo angry right now!!! She was sent home a note from school yesterday for detention and I found out through her friend's mom that she signed my name!!

MandyArd

Asked by MandyArd at 4:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would ground her from television, the internet, and video games. I would email her teachers and tell them that if something like this ever happens again, you would appreciate an email instead of a note sent home with her.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 4:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You reprimand for the forgery, and you make sure it will not happen again, this is the oldest trick in the book, your child is not the first or the last to ever do this.

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I would punish her and make sure the school knows that a note isn't gonna cut it and that they need to be calling you for future problems.
    Anonymous

• I had that issue once when my ds was in 5th grade, the teacher was the one who caught it. Definately ground from their favorite things, a long discussion about why it is not acceptable to sign another persons name and let the teacher/school know they need to call or email information to you for this reason. Good Luck!
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Tell the school and see if they give her and extra detention.

Also I would have a heavy punshiment at home.
    Anonymous

• You should maybe sit down with her and eplain to her how wrong that is. and why. And tell her that you expect for her not to do that ever again, now that she knows better. Tell her teacher to phone you or e-mail you when she brings home a paper that you have to sign. That way you sign it and not her . And that way you can ask her do yiu have something for me to see and sign. And see what she saids and does. gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i respectfully disagree with just talking........... the child is 11, she KNOWS that it is wrong. Talking is weak.
    Anonymous

• I would let the school know and have her serve extra detention. Maybe she will learn NOT to sign your name. That should be enough punishment, this is something that most kids have done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2009