Not sure if I shoould buy size 1 or 2. Please help...

Well my ds is 5 weeks old and he is in size 1 diapers. Well i have a pack of 50 and I have about 30 diapers opened. They fit him just right, not too big, not small. We have to go to the store to get groceries and do our other shopping. I want to go ahead and get them so i dont have to make another trip to the store when he is running low. But I am not if i should buy size 1 or 2. I am not sure how much he weighs, he weighed 7lbs 12oz at 2 weeks old. What would you do? A pack of 50 will last about 6-7 days at most depends on how many poops he has.

mimi_emc2

Asked by mimi_emc2 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• better big than small... i'd go with a size 2
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• A couple of things - - 1) if you can find them in the store, get 1/2. It depends on the brand you use though - - not all brands make that size - - but they fit those in between sizes GREAT!. 2) Check out diapers.com and amazon.com - you can buy a HUGE variety of diapers, along with many other baby-related items, at the same price as the stores (I checked the per diaper prices, and they were all equivalent) and with free shipping. It takes about 2 days to get to your house, and you never have to worry about stocking up in advance again :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I would stick with the size that you know fits. If you use to big of diaper they will leak around the leg holes. Of course that might not be the case until they're moving around on their own more, which is when I tried it.
    Anonymous

• I would go ahead and get a 1, myself. I don't think if they're fitting him just right now that he'd outgrow them in 6 or 7 days.

Or, I'd get a pack of 1s and a pack of 2s. Use as many 1s as you can, and if they don't fit at the end of the package, you can give them to someone who needs them.

If you get a size too big, they may leak, and you could have a blowout every poop...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• oh, and 1800diapers.com is a great site for everything baby!!!
    matobe

• My little one will fit in a size 1 or a size 2, but he is also 11 pounds or so now. I would stick with a size 1.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I beleive it is pampers brand that sells size 1-2. Which means they will fit now and for a little longer. If your not sure what he will be in next week then grab a small package of each size. Once you run out of your current package then try a size 2, if it fits well then you can take the size 1 pack back and exchange it for more size 2. Thats what I had to do with my daughter since she grew like a weed! I always kept a pack of every size diapers around just in case. That way you will have them when you need them and no more guessing what size to buy! Good luck!
    MistyBible

Answer by MistyBible at 3:15 AM on Dec. 17, 2009