Teens and diapers, how do you approach the subject??

I discovered my 13yo son has been searching diaper wearing for teens online for the last week. He has asked how to get them without us knowing, who else does, is he weird for wanting to, etc. My husband and I are at a loss on how to approach what we found, and honestly, are freaking out. I doubt this is a major topic *anywhere*, but can anyone please give some advice that would be a helpful start for us? I've never heard of this before, but doing a search of my own, I've found this is more common than I thought it would be. What would you do if this were your 13yo son? My first thought was counseling, but I also need to talk to my son about this and find out if this is something he's interested in or was just curious. I'm nervous and don't know how to start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Is this like, a sexual thing? Or is he suffering from incontinence?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• First you have to find out why, he may just be having a good laugh about it. If it is something he is interested in then i would ask him why. If he is actually turned on by it then tell him to keep that private
    Anonymous

• Is it his sexual fetish?
    Anonymous

• What should you do if you caught your teenage son or daughter wearing diapers?

even though they don't wet the bed Chances are it's a sexual fetish. Such things are often misunderstood by people who do not share the same interests. Don't let anyone tell you it's wrong or not normal. The APA has determined that sexual fetishes are common in healthy individuals. They are not considered a disorder unless they interfere with a persons relationship with others or consume enough focus as to prevent a person from pursuing their responsibilities and happiness in life. Wearing diapers may seem bizarre, but to tell someone that they are wrong for what attracts them will only create shame and psychological damage.

ask your son.

mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I think that you need to figure out why is he interested on it. Could it be for a research at school, a special needs child who still wears diapers, a sexual curiosity, is he having bm control issues, you need to figure out why then you could device a plan for it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I don't have any real advice for you, but I wanted to add that I myself have looked into the whole diaper fetish thing just out of curiosity. In no way does it turn me on, but I researched it and looked at pictures because I thought it was "interesting".
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 5:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• hmmm I've never heard of this. I guess I would ask my son if that sort of thing was exciting to him and why. No judgement here just wanted to know. Something like that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I would just ask him why he was searching for that. Does he wet the bed? Was it research or curiosity? Is it sexual? Just ask why and go from there.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Okay my curiousity got the best of me and I just had to look this subject up. Apparantly its more common than you think. http://understanding.infantilism.org/ that's a good link to start off with.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Maybe he has a bed wetting problem, and is trying to cover it up. maybe..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2009