Losing Baby Weight After A Second Baby.

So I am pregnant with my second, and I was wondering if it's harder to lose weight after the second one than it is the first one? I EBF DD and I lost more than my baby weight with her...All in about 2-3 months. So is it easier or harder the second time around? Oh and I gained about 25-30 lbs with her, and with this one, I am 20 weeks, and have only gained about 8 so far.

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It seems to be harder for me. I lost more then I gained with my first. Well with my second I can't seem to lose the weight I gained.
    Anonymous

• Harder, but it can be done. I've still got a good 10 pounds to go and he'll be two in May.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• :( That's what I thought. Oh well, guess after this one I'll just have to bump up my exercising on the wii lol
    Sparta.

Answer by Sparta. at 5:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I gained a lot more during my second pregnancy than I did with my first, so it took a little longer to lose the weight. But, I'm happy with my weight loss. It took about 6 months to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. You have to remember that it takes almost 10 months to gain your pregnancy weight, and you need to give yourself that amount of time to lose it again. I breastfed DD for 9 months and am currently breastfeeding DS.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• with #1 i lost all but 10 lbs (i gained about 115)
    #2 i lost maybe 1/2 (i gained 60)
    #3 i am now 10 lbs away from my goal of 125, and in a sz 6, i'm 5'6

it CAN be done, just takes work. i had 4 years to take off the mess that i gained with dd (i was also VERY young when i had her, and was still growing- grew 2 inches while i was pregnant. lol) there are 2 years between the boys, and i did not lose anything but actual baby weight between them... after i had my ds, i gained even more weight (was a sz 18 again- 2 years ago) and have fought long and hard to take it off. but i did, so keep hope in your ability to do wondrous things.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i lost all my baby weight within in a month of having my son. i didn't gain a bunch of weigh during pregnancy though. i think it depends on how much weight you gain during pregnancy. it's harder to lose the weight if you gain too much.
    Anonymous