do you watch teen mom?

What do you think of it? I think its showing how hard it really is to be a teen mom.

MomAt15woah

Asked by MomAt15woah at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• I like it. I am a teen mom and they are going thru some of the things I have been thru. I am only 20 with two children. So watching what they go thru is a little different but they do go thru some of the things I do.
    Anonymous

• Not even if I get paid to watch it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I have to disagree. I have watched many episodes and they basically skim over the problems. Sure they show some hardships, but it is all fixed and happy 20 mins later. Most of the girls on there make me mad. They are all making parenting choices based on their own selfish needs instead of what is best for their baby. For example NONE of them choose to breastfeed. Not because they couldn't, just because it wasn't convinient for them. Farrah even came out and said she didn't want her boobs to sag. She made her decision based SOLELY on her own selfish needs.
    I think the show is pretty irresponsbile. I think it was meant to deter teens from getting pregnant, but it is not doing a good job at all. Just makes it look cutesy.
    Anonymous

• anon :22 again. I just wanted to add that I had my first at 17
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I think most of them are pretty lame... The only one I have any respect for is the one who gave her kid up for adoption. To me, she (and her boyfriend) was the only one who thought about what was best for the baby, and not what SHE wanted. Actually, that episode of them giving up their baby made me cry like....well, like a baby. That Farrah chick seems incredibly immature and selfish. I can see Maci is doing her best, but still, none of them seem equipped to deal with a baby.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I watched a couple shows with my 15 yr old daughter it was a WONDERFUL teaching tool.

When we saw it there were 3 couples that stood out. One little twit of a girl with a twit of a boyfriend. She was in NO WAY ready to be a mom. My daughter couldnt believe that this girl was so stupid in general. We had a GREAT talk... and my daughter kept saying how sad she was for the baby that it was going to get stuck with these twits of parents and how that baby is starting life with a big strike against it already.

The other one was two kids who wanted to go into the military and how the girl had to give up her whole career before even getting out of high school. It was a HUGE eye opener for my daughter. The boy was failing classes and my daughter kept asking how they would have money to raise a kid. Again... a huge diffuculty for a baby before life even started. At least the mother was seemingly a bright kid.

cont...
    Anonymous

• The 3rd couple was two kids who had horrid parents and then got pregnant... they gave the baby up for adoption. My daughter and I both cried and held each other. And she knew that of all the couples these two were the most mature. She had soooo much respect for them and kept saying what amazing parents they will be when they are older and how she really respects them as people.

I wouldnt say it is a great show... but it was a wonderful tool for my parenting, a wonderful experiance for me and my daughter, and Im glad we saw it.
    Anonymous

• I am gonna have to agree with anon :22 and Anouck. These girls are pretty selfish other than the one who gave her baby up for adoption. Ironically, she seems like she would have made the best mother (outside of financial hardships). The rest have proven to be very immature and selfish. Especially the epidsode where Farrah drives 10 hours to go break up with a boy and leaves her little baby at home. I agreed with her mom on that one. At one point Farrah laid her baby down at the top of the stairs (right next to the edge!!) and then cleaned up some spit up. So very easily her baby could have gone down a whole flight of stairs.
    I don't think this show is good at all for teens to watch. It doesn't show the reality of having a baby so young. I was pissed when Dr Drew did the reunion show. He just glossed over their selfishness and immaturity. I expected more from him.

Also when they showed the girls in labor it was so hokey.
    aprilmommy123

Answer by aprilmommy123 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• i agree with anonymous and aprilmommy123. they are way too immature and selfish to be mothers. my mother was 21 and had four children under the age of 5. that show doesn't show how rough it is to be a teen mom. they mask the financial obligations too. i got so angry when farrah went to break up with a guy instead of being with her child. she should have just called him or let him be. she is really immature and needs to grow up to be a better mother. i always say that if you can't accept the consequences of sex then you shouldn't be doing it. those girls shouldn't have had sex in the first place because they are too young and immature. now their children have to suffer. the only girl who was smart and mature was the one who gave her child up for adoption so she could have a better life.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I watch it but I can't stand Farrah. What a spoiled rotten snob! Her mom needs to tell her to piss off everytime she asks her to babysit. She needs to take care of her own kid!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2009