Have you ever had one of these moments?

So an interested thing happened at the grocery store today. For one moment, I thought I might actually get hit in the face. I was standing in the canned foods aisle, picking up some diced tomatoes, when a trashy-looking woman came rushing through with her buggy. There was a Mexican woman blocking the aisle, and when the trashy-one got to her, she (trashy) got really flustered and was sighing loudly and stomping her feet. After about 5 seconds, the Mexican lady turned around and said something in Spanish. From the tone and the fact that she moved her buggy, I assumed she was apologizing. The trashy-one barked out "I don't speak Mexican!", and before I could think I said "Hmph, you don't speak English either." That's not really like me, and I still can't believe I said it, but she turned on me quicker than lightning. She cussed me, I gave her my best "you're an idiot" look, and she left.

Ever speak before you think?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 5:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Congrats. I wish I could have seen it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Standing and applauding you!

Anonymous

• i would of done the same thing and i have to admit i have done something like that but it was because she was being rude to an elderly lady who couldnt see the labels on the cans and this one lady was like get your food already so other people can shop i was like listen lady just cause ur in such a hurry to live ur life does not mean everyone has to move out of ur way you cant be patient than here take the damn tuna and go rott some where
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• no, not really but i can say if someone called me a name...it wouldnt phase me, if they tried to reason with me with smartass questions then it wouldnt go over too well lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• haha Good for you, she deserved it. Usually I'm too shocked to do anything other than stand like an idiot.
    Anonymous

• LOL I have said some things under my breath. I actually almost had to call the police on a lady whose parking space I "stole" She called me a bitch and said she was going to punch me in my face to which my response was for her to get a life. People really arent raised with manners anymore and its sad but Im actually shocked to see when people do act like theyve had home training.
    Anyways good for you!
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 6:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• LOL! Good for you. I dont think I have the balls to say anything in most situations but I have been known to let go of a little word vomit now and then.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009