When should I be concerned? Asked earlierr with only 1 response. Would like to know more personal experiances and If I should worry about it. Thanks:)

I am a little confused on this. I have been on BC for 5 - 6 months straight. I take it everyday same time. I have an alarm on my phone to make sure that I do.
Anyways last month my period started the 3rd week of my pack and went to the middle of the last week. Now this month I am 3 days in to the last week and no period at all.
When should I be concerned? When should I think about testing? Has this happened to anyone before? Im just a little confused with this whole thing.
oh and before last month my periods were normal and regular
Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is a miniscule chance of being pregnant, especially if you haven't missed a pill. I would ask your OB.
    Anonymous

• Just take the test to rule it out
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• With birth control, you should take it for 3 weeks straight, and then take a week off, whether or not you're having your period. Can't really tell if you did that or not from what you're saying. But if you did, you should be okay. If not, it's very possible the pill did NOT protect you, and you could indeed be pregnant. Also, sometimes it takes a couple of months for your period to adjust. Or excessive stress could throw it off too... If you're worried though, the only thing to do would be to take a test. I'd say wait another week, and if your period doesn't show up then, take a test.

Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Were you on antibiotics or any other medication that lowers the effectiveness of the pill?
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2009