i have a problem

my three year old son thinks he has a girlfriend and on his play cell phone he calls her what can i do

newmom461

Asked by newmom461 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• why do you need to do something about it? He's pretending. Its called imagination. lol
    Anonymous

• you could leave it alone. doesn't sound like problem.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• my 3 year old daughter has a boyfriend she says she loves him. it is cute. she also says she wants to get married and she is gonna marry santa
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• When my son was 4 he came home from pre-school telling me that he was getting married to one of the little girls in the class...
    I replied with: "Congratulations." *smile*

It's a crush, just let it be... oh, and whatever you do...don't tease him about it.
    J1nx

Answer by J1nx at 6:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• There is nothing you need to do. There is no concern here. REMEMBER, children still have their innocence, so they don't process what having a girlfriend even really is like we would.

This reminds me of a drawing I saw today...the caption said, "What do you see?" I very clearly saw a naked couple in an intimate pose, but the study said children are unable to see this pose. Instead they see 9 dolphins.......After I read there were 9 dolphins, it took me a minute to actually find the dolphins in the drawing.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2009