I've already lost my mucous plug. What could this be?

2 or 3 days ago I started having clear, creamy in texture discharge. Im 39 weeks on Saturday... What could this Discharge be? and is it normal? My Mucous plug looked like clear snot.. This discharge I cant really see but I can feel it when I wipe or clean myself in the shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its very normal. Your cervix is open a little now so there is some drainage.
    lovebug0928

Answer by lovebug0928 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• That is not a sign of immediate labor like JaydnsMom said! Its just pregnancy discharge! I know what you are talking about though because I have had it off and on this whole pregnancy so it doesnt necessarily have anything to do with being dilated. I asked the doc about it, thinking I might have had some sort of infection, and he did a vaginal exam and said it was just discharge and that discharge often changes in pregnancy. I figure he was right because it never turned into any kind of infection or anything
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I didnt say immediate labor....i said SOON. and it obviously isnt just discharge bc she s bout to be 39 weeks.
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• it's normal. and could very well be your mucus plug. the mucus plug constantly rebuilds itself and won't stop until baby's out. or it could just be excess discharge. but, just remember that it is normal. labor could be soon or could still be a few weeks away. just rest and let things happen.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2009