My 3-yr-old just ate a bite out of a god cookie. Should I take her to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What on earth is a god cookie?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• whaaaaaaat???
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• she meant dog
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Hahaha, okay then. No, you don't have to take her to the hospital. My son will try to eat (dry) cat food whenever he can, and has managed to outsmart me a couple of times, but it's fine... If you can feed it to dogs/cats, it's not going to kill a human.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Your 3 year old will be fine! UNLESS he/she is exhibiting signs of illness, it is not necessary to rush her/him to the hospital.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Hehe I was thinking "god cookie" was a synonym for "drug laced cookie". Dog cookies are fine. Probably not the healthiest snack as they're often made of less than fresh materials, but not generally harmful either unless the child is allergic to one of the ingredients. (such as may be the case with peanut butter dog snacks)
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 7:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• NO!! She may have a tummy ache but you do not need to bring her to the ER. My son ate dogfood when he was about 18 months old and I called the doc, was told that he would be fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• No, you may want to call poison control but I wouldn't worry about it. (assuming you do indeed mean 'DOG' cookie.) There is some possibility of food poisoning with animal feed because it isn't subject to the sanitary conditions that people food is but most kids pick up and eat worse than the dog's food. Just watch her for signs of illness over the next couple days.
    dibzz

Answer by dibzz at 1:18 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• lol as a child i would eat dog jerkey and cat food there is no harm in it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• No, but they are dry, you might offer her a drink. :P.... from a cup not a bowl. LOL
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2009