• In the Spotlight:

best birth control (long term) methods???

yes I am going to ask my dr tomorrow for after the baby is born. but we were wondering what we could use and what woould last... I have an ectopic and will probably gave had two sections by then... I will not go on depo, and wont get my tubes tied in case we want more later... please help

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Health

• mirena iud is an option.. the birth control aspect worked good for me, but i had other medical complications from it...but others have said it was great for them...

it lasts for 5 yrs and can be taken out anytime you want.

took mine out a little over a year ago and just this month i think im pregnant......took a while of trying though.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2009