Would you get your kids teacher a gift card?

My son is in kindergarten and he loves his teacher.
I'm thinking of getting her a gift card to lane bryant (she's big, like mysize I would say like a 22-24).

Would that be okay?
Or should I get her a gift card for a teacher supply store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Holidays

• I think I would go with a more general gift card. Bath and Body Works, Target, Barnes and Noble if she likes to read, Olive Garden or Applebees is a fun one. That way she has more choices of what to buy. And all those after Christmas sales can be fun to shop.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I am big too. But I would not want anyone to give me a gift card to a FAT LADIES STORE. To me that is an insult. Sense your really do not know her (she is not family or a friend). I do not recomend it. Buy her a yankey candle or something.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I'd get one for the teacher supply store. The one to Lane Bryant seems too personal. Does she shop at Walmart or Target?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Lane Bryant isn't just the fat ladies store! Sheesh! They are sizes 14-30. 14 is ALMOST average in this country now (it's what size 12???). And lane bryant isn't cheap!

I agree with fallaya, I would buy one for target or something. That way it's not just clothes.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 7:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I think the teacher supply store would be good!
    They have to buy stuff from their out of their own pocket, and I know my son's teacher is very thankful for anything she doesn't have to buy.
    We have supplied a few things for his class, and even if its not much, it means a lot to her.

For her present we just got her a little smell good stuff basket from walmart. We got one for her teacher aid too.
    My son is in Kinder too
    Anonymous

• I got my kid's teachers gift cards to Target.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Get her a 2010 calendar to put in her classroom or home.

Anonymous

• My SIL was just telling me how she was given so many cool gift cards( 4th grade teacher )....starbucks, applebees, target, sephora....I would go with target or starbucks though.
    Anonymous

• Teacher supply store.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009