What would you do if your child did this? (morbid topic)

If you don't have 1 or more kids, just pretend. I saw an old episode of CSI and this families child was found to be the one that committed the murder and the person murdered was the couples other son. How would you react to finding out that one of your children killed your other child in cold blood? Would you disown them, etc etc. I know this is morbid to think about, but after seeing that episode I don't even know wth I would do, think, say, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honestly, I think I would be consumed with guilt myself. I would feel like a double failure - that I wasn't able to protect my dead child from being murdered, and that I didn't see the warning signs that my child that was the killer obviously was in such need of help. I would feel like I had failed both my children in not protecting them and providing them with the love, the stability, and the obvious help that was needed to prevent something like this.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• you never know what you would do unless you were put in that situation! ugh i dont even want to think about it!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 8:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I agree with mommy16love though, I don't know what I would actually DO though...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Ditto to both of you posters. As for the episodes, it happened while the boy slept :(
    I didn't even want to post this given how morbid it is, but since I saw that episode I think about it alot and how tragic something like that would be.
    Anonymous

• I dont watch that crap!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• yeah..i'm happy to be alive today..i can't believe i made it through all my little sisters attacks. Lets see...there was the time she chased me with the bat, the time she tried to stab me with the kitchen knife, the time she did stab me with a pencil, the time she was throwing boulders at me, i'm just happy she is a little more mature now but i still keep my guard around her.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I dunno....I would be devastated. So far this hasn't happened, but one of my older sons did rape my youngest child and only daughter (1/2 siblings) and to be honest....I haven't been the same since. I'm just heartbroken. I feel devastated about it, even though it wasn't my fault, and I am positive this would be the same....only worse.
    Anonymous

• I remember that episode. The little boy who killed the baby was only trying to put stuffed animals into bed to sleep with him/her. It was in no way intentional. Very tragic, even if its not a real event.

I honestly have no idea what I would do. I don't feel I can say when I have no idea the emotions and thoughts I'd be feeling if something bad were to take place when I have no experience to base my judgement on.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• there is also an episode where on brother killed the other because he told people he wet the bed
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 1:01 PM on Dec. 17, 2009