Question about jail time

My fiancee got a letter in the mail his pre sentence investigator sugested he get 1 year possession 1 year for owi consecutive, im not gonna get into the details. he hasnt done drugs since june, goes to na and aa meetings, is clean-passed 3 drug tests now, is searching for a new job we had a baby in june etc...how likely is it that on dec 23rd the jude will sentence him to that and if he is sentenced to whatever they give him, does he go to jail THAT day? Please dont be rude, I have no idea about this stuff :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is hard not to be rude to this. Sorry. You should be thinking of what you are going to be doing when he is in jail. How are you going to live financially.

Answer by louise2 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I think it depends on the situation, the judge, and the State. My mil is friends with a woman whose adult dd got caught up in a mess and went to prison. She got pg during her trial (she was out on bail), and she was sentenced before the baby was born, but because of some medical issues and her pg, CA basically had her being very strictly supervised until after the baby was born and then she went to prison.

But usually, it's my understanding that they are taken from the sentencing. I would suggest that he talk to his lawyer though - he should still be in contact with whoever represented him during his trial.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• chances are the judge will go with the recommondation unless he can give evidence that he shouldn't.

and yes he will most likely be going to jail that day.

so now is the time to start making plans for what you are going to do when he is in jail...finances and such.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2009