Have you ever been abroad? What's ur favorite country?

lovemytwinsters

Asked by lovemytwinsters at 8:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Travel

• Been to Germany. I like their food. They are quiet people. Been to France. The french are snooty I think. Foods good though. Been to England. I liked it there. My DH liked there bear.

Answer by louise2 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I've only been to Cananda and other than having milk in a bag and using strange money, I saw no difference.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I liked Spain the best (specifically, Barcelona). But I also loved Italy, Greece and Croatia.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 8:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Right now I'm living in Japan, and I like it :-)

Honestly, I've liked (and, lol, disliked) everywhere I've been. There's good and bad for each place - just pick someplace that interests you, and go with an open mind, willing to try something new, even if it's not how you're used to it :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I was in the Navy and while stationed on a ship I went to: Guam (US territory), Singapore (3 times), Hong Kong, South Korea (twice, I think), Thailand, Australia, Japan.
    I went to Italy on vacation with my husband. Italy was by far the best. The food was to die for! Singapore was probably one of my favorites when I was on the ship, though. Australia was nice, but I only had 2 days. Would have been better had we been there longer or I didn't have duty two of the four days we were there.
    I've also been to Canada and Mexico.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Back in college I got to do one of those "If It's Tuesday This Must Be Belgium" type tours. At the time I really loved Italy and Greece, but I also enjoyed Spain and Austria. Copenhagen was very neat too; I was blown away when I realized we were out at nearly midnight and the sun was still out!

I got to go to Japan for the Winter Olympics in 1998, and that was really cool.

DH and I went to Mallorca, a Spanish island in the Mediterranean, about nine years ago, and we want to go back.

And I went to England the summer before last and hope to go again for the 2012 Olympics.

Places that I *haven't* been but want to visit: Sydney, Hong Kong, Rio de Janeiro, Tahiti, Easter Island, Jamaica, Vancouver/Whistler, Montreal.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Spain, especially Torremolinos (Costa del Sol).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I've been a broad all my life : )

I've been to Mexico (well, Tijuana) Canada, England, Wales, and Ireland. Ireland's my favorite.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I've been to Scotland (lived there a couple years), Ireland and Norway. I love Scotland. Just an absolutely beautiful clean country although it's way too cold LOL
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• The only two places outside of the United States I've ever been to is Canada and the Abaco's. My favorite was the Abaco, Bahamas. We had a sailboat while we lived in S. Florida as a teen/young adult. I was the crew, my Dad the Captain ! I also was a crew on other sailboats.
    Aldea

Answer by Aldea at 9:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2009