Can you ovulate even though you never bleed?

Hello. Does anyone know if it is possible to ovulate even though you never have a visit from af?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know about normally, and I would suggest talking to your Dr about it for you specifically, but for me, I know I got pg with my dd 6 months after my ds was born, and I hadn't started my period again. Now, whether that means I would have started my period that month, or whether it means I was ovulating but my cycle hadn't gotten back on track all the way and I still wouldn't have bled, I don't know.

Again though, I would suggest talking to your Dr and seeing what he/she says about it, for you specifically. GL with the conception :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Regularly not bleeding? I would say you are not ovulating. If your body is releasing eggs, it builds up the endometrial cells in the uterus to prepare. When the egg is not fertilized, that lining sheds, i.e. we have our periods. However, ovulation can start any time without warning even if you have not been getting your period (like after you've given birth), so not having a period does not necessarily mean you can't get pregnant.
    Talk to you doctor and he or she will be able to help you find out what's happening.
    Good luck!
    Dove14

Answer by Dove14 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• How old are you? If you have never had a period, I would go to a doctor right away. Most girls/women get their period by the age of 16. The usual age is about 13.
    Anonymous

• LOL Sorry, I am 28. I have a 27 month old dd. I started havin periods when I was 10. They have never been regular at all. I would go 8 months without a period and then go 3 months straight bleeding. They think I may have PCOS. I was 5 months along before I found out I was prego. In mid sept. I finally stopped bleeding after 2 months bleeding heavily that made me severely anemic. I am currently awaiting blood test results to see for sure if I am prego now or not. If not then they will try m on hormones again. I am hoping that I am prego but will have to wait until friday or monday to find out. I have had a few symptoms but only things that can be attributed elsewhere too.
    Anonymous

• I was very irregular and still kept getting pregnant!
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 9:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Since a woman releases an egg 12-16 days before her expected period, it is possible for women to get pregnant without having periods. Women who are not menstruating due to a certain condition (i.e.…low body weight, breastfeeding, perimenopause) risk the chance of ovulating at any point. For those who want to conceive, the lack of periods could make it more difficult to know the timing of ovulation if you are not charting temperature and cervical fluid changes. But if you are not having periods and wanting to prevent pregnancy, a form of contraception should be used since there is no way to know when ovulation will occur.
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• if you dont have a af then you can ovulate now some people do only because the have an af but it doesn't flow out.
    mrs.rucker943

Answer by mrs.rucker943 at 4:01 AM on Dec. 23, 2009