Moms with daughters: What role models have you or do you plan to expose your girls to?

Why do you think they are good role models?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 8:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Katharine Hepburn, because she was one tough cookie and defined a generation of women.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Well hopefully there are some when my daughter gets old enough! I absolutly love Taylor Swift right now! She may not be the best singer, but she set goals for herself at a young age and is accomplishing them. She doesn't let people bring her down. She is so innocent even at the age of 20. She is humble no matter how much fame she gets. You never see her in skimpy clothes, or singing skank songs. Yeah she sings about boys, but every teen girl is thinking about boys, and she sings how there are better things that happen in life besides boys. So to me, out of all the celebs out there being "rolemodels" she would be my pick.
    AshleyLynnW

Answer by AshleyLynnW at 9:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I have no idea. She's only 2 now. But I always stick with myself being her primary role model. I don't put that responsibility on anyone else.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• I agree, BaisMom. I am my daughter's role model.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 9:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• my MIL she is just awesome
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• What a great question! I can't wait to read more answers! I try to point out examples I see every day, like my neighbors, other moms, etc. Just women that are strong and positive, and how they can make a difference in everyday situations. I have also been trying to build up a library with books on women and women's issues so they are just around and can be picked up whenever.
    ktpia

Answer by ktpia at 11:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• hmmm I have no idea, i know for sure it won't be any of these teeny boppers on TV now, they all run around like little ho bags lol..i really don't know, i think i will strive to be the best role model she can have, it hurts me that sometimes i'm not because i have breaking points but i hope that i can teach her right and wrong and give her the right morals
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 11:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• Myself and her. I am flawed and I know I WILL make mistakes. I want her to find it in herself to be the women SHE is meant to be. I hope to have books on Helen Keller and the like to show her how each woman found her own strengths and gifts.
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 12:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Eleanor Roosevelt
    Amelia Earhart
    Golda Meir

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Right now, it's just me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2009