When you injure yourself, do you play through the pain?

I pulled a muscle in my forearm yesterday while cleaning house and it's killing me today O.O I've dealt with it, but dammit, it's 9PM and I'm going to complain a little, lmao.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 8:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually take a couple of Ibuprofen and try to keep going. Ouch. I feel uncomfortable saying that I hurt. LOL. I remember when I was a kid that no matter how sick I was, I would always say I was fine. Hehe. I don't know why?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• The worst was when I broke my toe! I was a Day hosstess at a private country club. We didn't have Health insurance! I went Every dayt with that Broken Toe & it hurt SO Bad! Finally they forced me to see a DR. I needed a cane & all! I couldn't do my job with one! Nor could I afford it! So I quit! Another time I was in a Rear end Crash & hurt since I sat in the back seat. My DH's old Great Aunt was Pissy over being in the Car & me being in the ER. I had to go home & make her an entire Turkey Dinner! She told my DH, Don't give her anything sympathy or feel sorry for me! I had whip lash, a concussion but I gave her her Best Meal Ever in pain and All!! When I had a Skull Fracture I stayed in bed. DH only checked on me when the GB Packers lost control of the football. I missed Christmas that year. But wrapped all the gifts & had my Family give them out! In pain and all. After Christmas I was well enough to go to the ER.!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• You bet! Rub some dirt in it and walk it off. That's the way to do it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• sometimes...depending on the area and severity of the pain.
    reddforsyth

Answer by reddforsyth at 1:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I didn't used to, but ever since I displaced one of my hips by not paying attention to my body's cues and was stuck on the STUPID couch for over a week because my back was in constant pain, and omg if I tried to move... ugggh. My husband had to take time off of work and everything, because I literally couldn't get off the couch. He nearly had to carry me to the bathroom, it was terrible.

So yeah. I knew my back felt weird, and in pain, but I kept going going going, not wanting to give up... bleh. It wasn't worth it.
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 17, 2009